Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feature: Doctors and dentists tell patients, "all your review are belong to us"

When I walked into the offices of Dr. Ken Cirka, I was looking for cleaner teeth, not material for an Ars Technica story. I needed a new dentist, and Yelp says Dr. Cirka is one of the best in the Philadelphia area. The receptionist handed me a clipboard with forms to fill out. After the usual patient information form, there was a "mutual privacy agreement" that asked me to transfer ownership of any public commentary I might write in the future to Dr. Cirka. Surprised and a little outraged by this, I got into a lengthy discussion with Dr. Cirka's office manager that ended in me refusing to sign and her showing me the door.

Read the rest of this article...

Read the comments on this post


Aisha Tyler K. D. Aubert Sara Spraker Alexis Bledel Kim Kardashian

No comments:

Post a Comment