Thursday, March 17, 2011

Operation Flashpoint: Red River preview: With a little help from my friends

The first time we saw Operation Flashpoint: Red River in action, it was clear that the game was trying to expand the appeal of this traditionally "realistic" military shooter series. Played alone, as we did in December, the game still requires a fair amount of tactical squad micromanagement, but Codemasters encourages players to experience the ten-stage campaign, along with the separate co-op mode called "Fireteam Engagements," with a group of three friends.

During a recent press event, I did just that (with a trio of Codemasters reps in place of my best buds), playing through the eighth stage of the campaign; a convoy mission where your squad is tasked with clearing out various checkpoints across a vast field leading up to a hillside castle assault. Once I got my settings in order (no inverted look, aim assist off, crosshairs on, thank you very much), I found the real draw of Red River: just going into battle with your buddies.

Continue reading Operation Flashpoint: Red River preview: With a little help from my friends

JoystiqOperation Flashpoint: Red River preview: With a little help from my friends originally appeared on Joystiq on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Sanaa Lathan Ana Beatriz Barros Maria Menounos Shakira Leslie Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment